If you are anything like me , you probably don’t like to fuss to much over things. I like keeping things simple but elegant. This also applies to decorating my table for formal or festive occasions. When looking for beautiful thanksgiving table settings, it is the simple , elegant designs that actually caught my eye.
The holiday season is generally stressful enough ( and they call it a holiday….) with so many special, festive occasions to plan for that I wanted to show all of you some table decor ideas for thanksgiving that are quick , easy to do and affordable. Here are some beautiful thanksgiving table setting and a few tips to help you create a table setting that will make your family guests go wow .
1) Work with the style of your home decor. If the decor style in your home is traditional , your table setting can also contain warm rich colors. If it is modern and minimalist then you wouldn’t fill your table decor with a whole bunch of stuff . There is also hard and fast rules that say you need to use traditional fall colors on your Thanksgiving table — mix it up and use whatever colours or patterns you like very best or catches you eyes.
2) Less is more. A good way to start laying your table with with the plates first and then add your cutlery and glasses. Now start adding you decorative accessories . Start with one or two kinds first and see how it looks. Then start building on it.
3) Generally all of us have a casual and formal dining set … when choosing your dining set for a formal occasion, pick a rich warm color and design that you can combine and mix with other colors. My formal set is white and gold… depending on the festive occasion I try to combine it with rich red napkins or a dark teal blue table runner. So every year your table has a fresh look.
4) There are so many things around your home that you can use to add elegant touches to your table decor. A vase, ribbons,candles, dry branches can also be used to decorate your table.
5) Don’t forget little details . Personalized place settings, little favors, all go a long way in making guests feel welcome and well …. thankful .
I hope these tips inspired. I would love to know how your family celebrates thanksgiving and any special traditions you follow that is unique to you…